Jenny was so happy about the house they had found. For once in her life
'twas on the right side of town. She unpacked her things with such great
ease. As she watched her new curtains blow in the breeze. How wonderful
it was to have her own room. School would be starting; she'd have
friends over soon. There'd be sleep-overs, and parties; she was so happy
It's just the way she wanted her life to be. On the first day of
school, everything went great. She made new friends and even got a date!
She thought, "I want to be popular and I'm going to be, Because I just
got a date with the star of the team!" To be known in this school you
had to have clout, And dating this guy would sure help her out. There
was only one problem stopping her fate. Her parents had said she was too
young to date. "Well I just won't tell them the entire truth. They
won't know the difference; what's there to lose?" Jenny asked to stay
with her friends that night. Her parents frowned but said, "All right."
Excited, she got ready for the big event But as she rushed around like
she had no sense, She began to feel guilty about all the lies, But
what's a pizza, a party, and a moonlight ride? Well the pizza was good,
and the party was great, But the moonlight ride would have to wait. For
Dan was half drunk by this time. But he kissed her and said that he was
just fine. Then the room filled with smoked and Dan took a puff. Jenny
couldn't believe he was smoking that stuff. Now Dan was ready to ride to
the point But only after he'd smoked another joint. They jumped in the
car for the moonlight ride, Not thinking that he was too drunk to drive.
They finally made it to the point at last, And Dan started trying to
make a pass. A pass is not what Jenny wanted at all (and by a pass, I
don't mean playing football.) "Perhaps my parents were right....maybe I
am too young. Boy, how could I ever, ever be so dumb." With all of her
might, she pushed Dan away: "Please take me home, I don't want to stay."
Dan cranked up the engine and floored the gas. In a matter of seconds
they were going too fast. As Dan drove on in a fit of wild anger, Jenny
knew that her life was in danger. She begged and pleaded for him to slow
down, But he just got faster as they neared the town. "Just let me get
home! I'll confess that I lied. I really went out for a moonlight ride."
Then all of a sudden, she saw a big flash. "Oh God, Please help us!
We're going to crash!" She doesn't remember the force of impact. Just
that everything all of a sudden went black. She felt someone remove her
from the twisted rubble, And heard, "call an ambulance! These kids are
in trouble! Voices she heard...a few words at best. But she knew there
were two cars involved in the wreck. Then wondered to herself if Dan was
all right, And if the people in the other car was alive. She awoke in
the hospital to faces so sad. "You've been in a wreck and it looks
pretty bad." These voices echoed inside her head, As they gently told
her that Dan was dead. They said "Jenny, we've done all we can do. But
it looks as if we'll lose you too." "But the people in the other car!?"
Jenny cried. "We're sorry, Jenny, they also died." Jenny prayed, "God,
forgive me for what I've done I only wanted to have just one night of
fun." "Tell those people's family, I've made their lives dim, And wish I
could return their families to them." "Tell Mom and Dad I'm sorry I
lied, And that it's my fault so many have died. Oh, nurse, won't you
please tell them that for me?" The nurse just stood there-she never
agreed. But took Jenny's hand with tears in her eyes. And a few moments
later Jenny died. A man asked the nurse, "Why didn't you do your best To
bid that girl her one last request?" She looked at the man with eyes so
sad. "Because the people in the other car were her mom and dad." This
story is sad and unpleasant but true, So young people take heed, it
could have been you.
*snifle*
No comments:
Post a Comment